Saturday, January 24, 2009

Project Truck Update: Water Pump Do-Over

I forgot to paint the pump and use teflon tape on the nipple when I replaced the water pump the first time, so I had to go back and do it again.

I've painted the new one to make sure it doesn't rust this time.

Here's the old one dangling in place.

Decided to leave the fan blades off for safety, but I'll probably go back and put it back on next time I work. There's no cowl around them, so they don't pull much air through the radiator, but it does do a good job of pulling fresh air into the engine compartment in general.

Unfortunately, the alternator bracket I had to replace the old, rusty one doesn't fit (they were fibbing when they said it would fit a 350 with a long nose water pump). Oh well.

Still need to do more work on the inside, get door locks, rewire the truck, fix the oil leak, and then maybe try and get a brake tag.

UPDATE- Here's the new pump installed (minus fan):

No comments: