Saturday, July 3, 2010

P.E. Exam Application Status

Sorry the posting has fallen off a bit. I've still got a lot of studying to do.

My application to LAPELS is now complete and it's now "being reviewed by the committee. It takes 6-8 weeks, allegedly. NCEES registration starts on July 6th (Tuesday), but stays open until September. Right now, I'm waiting on LAPELS to give me the OK to register to take the exam. I'm playing a waiting game...

In the meantime, more studying. I'm going through machine design and I'm very glad I still have my old textbooks. Shigley's is fabulous. I've also borrowed Machinery Handbook from a coworker and I've found it really comes in handy. I wish I had bought that instead of Rourke's. It's much easier to find what I need in Machinery Handbook than Rourke's.

After all the machine design problems I've worked, I think I'll stick with either Thermofluids or HVAC for the afternoon section.

No comments: