The weather was great this weekend and no festivals, so I went over and got a little done on Patches.
There have been a few holes in the floor of the cab from the get go.
I'd like to have these taken care of before I'm leaning on them replacing the wiring harness. After removing the gas tank, I first tried grinding the holes out and then welding in metal.
That didn't work out too well. I just burned straight through the sheet metal. I then cut out a square patch of rotten metal, cut a replacement from the thickest sheet metal I had on hand (which was STILL thinner than what they used building Patches) and welded it up strong enough for Paul Prudhomme to jump on.