Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones, the TV show is done for the season. To fill the time (an get into some fiction, for a change), I've picked up the books. I've finished Game of Thrones and A Clash of Kings and started A Storm of Swords.

The books are pretty good. I've never read about a character I've wanted to hate more than the little impudent whelp Joffrey. (MINOR SPOILER, Highlight to read: Joffrey takes a crossbow to a crowd of people begging for bread.)

To get more of your fix of Game of Thrones, check out First Draft's awesome commentary. Wired: Call the Banners goes through a bit of the strategy of the characters (by the Danger Room blog guys). Be warned: the Wired article has a few spoilers.

And now, here's Joffrey getting bitch slapped to close:

2 comments:

Pistolette said...

I am SO addicted to GOT right now. I don't even like fantasy books, but these are written more like political drama than childlike LOTR.

Clay said...

I'm about a quarter of the way through Storm of Swords now. I'm basically reading ahead until I get the satisfaction that will accompany Joffrey's death. The little whelp needs to die. And his manhood fed to a goat. His death definitely needs to involve goats....

Anyway, what I find really cool about the books is the dialogue. There are some terrifically witty exchanges between characters. That's RR Martin's strength.