Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!

I enjoyed seeing a few of the blogger crowd at Krewe Du Vieux and now I get my chance. Candice and I got invited to ride in Pygmalion today.

I've been running around trying to get everything sorted out for Friday.

That's more that 50 gross of beads. I hope I won't run out before the end.

All those beads ain't cheap! $450 for cheap plastic Chinese shit I'm going to throw away to complete strangers. Ah well, that's how these things run.

Could be an entry into the truck parades...

I'll be on Float 16 towards the back on the neutral ground side. Let me know where you like to set up and I'll look for you and bombard you with beads.

Oh yeah, did I mention my 24th birthday is also on Mardi Gras day? It's going to be a hectic couple of weeks.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh hell yeah. We should be with the Erster family about 2 blocks riverside of St. Chuck and NappyLeon.

GENTILLY YARD ART said...

jeez 24?

are you one of those leap year babys or is it a jack benny thing?

i feel good about our future if a kid your age and as smart as you seem is in our midst.

happy boithday pup and have a great ride.

if this is your first parade ride savor it.

it feels like being mick jagger and david bowie and (insert your favorite pop star) all rolled into one.

Leigh C. said...

Woohoo! Happy Super Fat Tuesday Birthday! We'll haveta catch up with you over at Felicity and St Charles, not far from our house. Just look for the little blond kid.

Oh, and if you're comin' to the Krewe of Pancakes and Syrup at my house, remind me to get'cha a birthday cake. Sweeeeeet...

Leigh C. said...

If you also need more beads, lemme know...

jeffrey said...

Happy birthday, kid.

We are always at Third and St Charles, btw.

Anonymous said...

This is the time of year I'm fraid my floors are going to buckle from the weight of the Plush Appeal purchases.

We'll be at St. Chuck and St. Mary as is our annual bead-catching position.

Anonymous said...

jeffrey: we may be out and about in that area for the rest of the parades, too.

Also, Maitri, that load had my car two or three inches lowered and struggling to accelerate... We were not carrying them up a flight of stairs, therefore they are in the truck bed.

Anonymous said...

Clay here,

Parade is postponed until Wednesday.