Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bourdain visits NOLA

Watched Bourdain last night and he hit the nail on the head with hit show. He hit every major theme: We are not OK, but we're still open for business. Everyone here is a bit on edge (highlighted by a truly erratic performance by Chris Rose). Bourdain picked up on the level of anger at being forgotten by our government.

Here's my quick list of the restaurants discussed/visited: Cafe Reconcile, Cochon, Herbsaint, Antoine's, Domilice's, a few Warehouse District bars, and a visit with the Pope (Emeril).

He was also sporting a Big Easy Rollergirls shirt.

At the very end of the episode, he ended with the challenge, "I'm here. What's keeping you?" Anthony Bourdain: Friend of New Orleans.

Anyway, Happy Mardi Gras, y'all!

UPDATE- Another great local reaction.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw it, too - and I was in equal parts tears and smiles/giggles. I haven't actually called New Orleans an actual home (yet), but she resonates in my soul and I am desperate to revisit and make my plans for emigrating! :)
And as for Bourdain - like I needed yet ANOTHER reason to LOVE him! :)
Peace,
Elspeth