Friday, January 2, 2015
Thursday, December 18, 2014
“Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible.”
― Hyman G. Rickover
"As leaders we should never be too impressed with ourselves. Hopefully we do take pride in our work and can maintain our self-esteem, but if taken too far we risk two failures. The first is, we stop learning. When we get too high on ourselves we lose track of just how much more there is to learn. The second failing is to forget about the people we lead. Leadership is a privilege, and the concept of a 'servant leader' is the most noble form of leadership. If our pride gets ahead of us and our noses in the air, we can forget about the people who do real work, who we are privileged to lead, and actually think we ourselves are important. It's all about the people." - Frank Glaviano, Sr.
Friday, November 28, 2014
A few quick notes:
* The most robust, from an economics perspective, include projects in Iraq (Rumaila, Majnoon) and Russia.
* Many Gulf of Mexico projects fall under the middle end of the spectrum.
* Many LNG projects (like Prelude) fall on the middle-to-upper-end of the spectrum.
* Point Thompson (Alaska) is one of the most expensive projects. Point Thompson has major implications for the Trans-Alaskan Pipeline System's future.
* It's no surprise Kashagan is the most expensive oil. It's not for nothing it's named "CASH ALL GONE"
Friday, November 21, 2014
FiFi, of the Commemorative Air Force, is the only flightworthy B-29 in the world.
Bock's Car (which dropped the atomic bomb on Nagasaki) is preserved at the Air Force Museum in Dayton Ohio and the Enola Gay (Hiroshima) is preserved in DC, but none except FiFi are flightworthy.
Photo taken at Lakefront Airport.