Sunday, September 30, 2007

Zombies!

One of the oddest things that's happened to me because of Katrina is I've gotten on this Zombie-fiction tear.

I've seen the classics (Romero's Dawn of the Dead, Land of the Dead, etc.), I've seen the new ones (Resident Evil and 28 Weeks Later), and I've read Zombie books. In the past year or so, I've read Day by Day Armageddon (written by a serving member of our armed forces), World War Z, and I'm working on Monster Island. I guess it's the whole deserted streets/end of the world thing that ties into Post-Katrina New Orleans that gets my attention

Anybody else have odd reading interests as a result of Katrina?

So, after all my reading, I come upon this video and it really catches my attention. I come to find out that Scopalamine is actually real, too! Watch out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should really check out David Wellington's Monster Island trilogy. You can read them for free online or pick them up at a bookstore. They are pretty awesome. I'm halfway through Monster Nation right now and I can't put it down.

Leigh C. said...

I've gotten more into anything with cussing in it. Ben Folds. Gangsta rap. Blogs (hee!). Anything that involves the seamier side of suburbia. Gallows humor.

Damn, I'm fucked up...

Leigh C. said...

Oh, and I just finished a biography of Eva Braun, too. It was actually really good, but I was constantly having to resist throwing the thing against the wall. I had to constantly remind myself that this was the story of a nice German girl who was HITLER'S MISTRESS. Who walked around the Berghof in a good deal of blissful ignorance about what her lover was doing. A kept woman in most every sense of the term. Ugh.

Unknown said...

I bought a fry-daddy... and Wellington's Monster __ series is superb.