Saturday, November 20, 2010

Project Truck Update: Preparing for a facelift edition

It's been a long time since I've done a project truck update.

I got back to the truck last weekend. I had neglected to disconnect the ground, so the battery was very weak from a slow leak somewhere. Also, the gasoline had evaporated out the carburetor, so I had to crank the truck enough so the mechanical fuel pump could refill the carburetor reservoir. Patches always rises from the dead eventually, though, like a true zombie.
Patches getting ready for her big day
There's some minor front end damage to the passenger side on Patches, so preping some spare parts for installation is one of my next tasks. The weather has been perfect for painting. Nice and dry.
Cracked body panel
Cracked front body panel

Here's a collection of various spare parts I've picked up, mostly for free:

I've got a spare radiator mount cleaned up and primed:
Radiator Support
This body panel attaches to the radiator mount:
Replacement body panel after grinding and priming
(The grille and headlights connect to it)

I ran out of time before I got to the battery tray, which is yet another item that bolts to the radiator mount:
Battery mount
That's the next project.

No comments: