Friday, April 27, 2007

Crime Mapping Update - 27 April



Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks since I last updated the crime map. It's going to get awfully bad once the summer rolls in, so if someone wants to give me a hand, let me know. All I need someone else to do is troll a couple of sources and email me digested crime reports.

Example:

Police: Couple's argument leads to shooting

01:41 PM CDT on Thursday, April 26, 2007

WWLTV.com

New Orleans Police said Thursday that an argument over drugs led to a shooting.

WWLTV.com

According to investigators, the incident happened at about 6:30 a.m. in the 4400 block of South Liberty Street.

Authorities said a man there pulled out a gun and shot a woman three times after the two got into a fight.

None of her injuries were to be life threatening.

http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/wwl042607khcoupleshoot.ed82e93.html


Turn that into:

1400 South Liberty
Shooting - 26 April 2007

(TEXT)
(LINK)


Download KMZ file on Rapidshare of the latest crime map

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll help ya out. If you're SURE it's easy enough for the technology challenged. :)
Email me at travelingmermaid@gmail.com

TM

Anonymous said...

"Fetuses found" That's Crrrraaazy.

Clay said...

Fetuses found in Algiers sewer line Coroner to determine if they were stillborn Saturday, January 13, 2007 From staff reports Plumbers flushing a sewer line in Algiers on Friday afternoon discovered two tiny human bodies that appeared to be fetuses, the Orleans Parish coroner's office said. The male and female will be examined today in an attempt to determine whether they were stillborn or born alive, chief coroner's investigator John Gagliano said. The bodies were found in a line that serves four apartments in the 4100 block of Maple Leaf Drive, near Woodland and Gen. de Gaulle drives. The coroner's office estimated the fetuses had had not been in the drain for long. The apparent fetuses were not decomposed. They might have been twins, Gagliano said. http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-19/1168673188293640.xml&coll=1

4100 Maple Leaf Dr, New Orleans, LA 70131

***************
And please not, I'm not including the fetuses in my (larger) murder count. The paper is still at 62. I'm in the 70's.

Lolololori said...

What software/web ap/? do you use for your crime mapping? I'd be interested in doing somethin' similar for my hometown of St. Louis ... and I'd love to know more. Please, if ya can, drop me a line at lori[dot]e[dot]white[at]gmail[dot]com -- thanks!