I update my mapping and then there's a huge wave of violence. I think I double counted one or two murders, but a quick (or at least as quickly as can be done, given the HUGE number of murders) gives me the following totals:
* 8 on the West Bank
* 1 in the Lower 9th (+ 1 Justifiable Homicide)
* 7 in N.O. East (+ 1 Justifiable Homicide)
* 4 in Hollygrove/Black Pearl
* 2 in Irish Channel/LGD (+ 1 Justifiable Homicide)
* 8 in Central City
* 29 in Treme/7th Ward/(everything between Canal and the Industrial Canal).
I'd be nice if someone double checked my efforts, but that gives me a total of:
* +3 Justifiable Homicides
Crime WILL go up as the weather gets warmer. Bet on it. Things will get far worse before they get better.
UPDATE- And another murderer goes free...
If someone could go in and double check the neighborhood by neighborhood tally, that would be extremely helpful. I might have double counted the markers in Treme. Don't forget there are a few double homicides in there.