Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Project Truck Update: Boys with Toys Edition

Continuing to repair the hood. Broke out the full arsenal last time:

First, sandblasted the hole.

Next, got dressed up in my canadian tuxedo to start welding.

If my welding teacher, John Gerrets, ever sees this weld, I promise I can do better. I was trying to minimize burn marks and warping of the outer surface of the hood.

See. Here's the patched hole. 3 very minor burn spots corresponding to the spot welds.

Covered the hole in bondo. I'll smooth it out and make it so you'll never know there was a hole there. Plus, the hole will be reinforced from the bottom, so the repair will last.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No dude... thats one of the worst repairs I have ever seen, and im from africa so i have seen people do really bad repairs...