Sunday, October 12, 2008

Project Truck Update: More Engine Chrome Edition

A quick update on how I spent my Friday afternoon:

The engine started in a sad state. I've been slowly rehabilitating it.

Stripped off the old valve covers. They're covered in grease because the gasket is broken. Put a new gasket on (with some Gaskacinch-type silicone along the engine block) and that fixed the oil leak. I also installed nice, shiny valve covers:

I have more chrome to install later. Need to clean up and paint the engine. I've heard good things about Rustoleum black semi-gloss for engine compartments.

1 comment:

prolix said...

They could possibly be also lighter than standard wheels, so that the unsprung weight of one's car or truck or truck is very much a smaller amount, meaning that there's fewer shock at the points not supported by the suspension. Truck Chrome stacks