Sunday, April 22, 2007

Crime Mappin Update - 22 April 2007


Latest KMZ file hosted on Google Earth.

Times-Pic: Block is Crime Magnet Here's all the incidents near that block that I've mapped out over the past few months:

2100 Josephine

Lots of murders and shootings.

So, I'm almost finished reading Tipping point. There's a lot of discussion of Broken Window Theory. I'll bet that if you look at my crime mapping, and recent city attempts to map blight, there will be a strong correlation.

Instead of signs saying "ENOUGH," and "THOU SHALT NOT KILL," maybe we should be protesting against blight? Maybe a "Blight Kills" would be more appropriate? I'm not naive enough to think that will solve the problem (there's WAY too much screwed up for anything to fix anything), but it could be a place to start.

Here are 3 suggestions on where to focus blight-fighting:

1800 Bayou Road


Area around Monroe and Hickory (Hollygrove)


2300 Tureaud, near the Duck Off

No comments: