Thursday, April 12, 2007

Murder update

71 MURDERS TO DATE



Seventy one murders to date! And that doesn't include 3 (assumed) justifiable homicides.

I checked it twice to make sure I got it right.

Collection of crime mapping files. All of my mapping efforts to date in KMZ and KML format, plus just the 2007 file alone.

A couple of things to point out:
> Since I first started the mapping, the murder hotspots have shifted away from Central City to Treme/Mid City.
> Recently, the shooters in Treme have been extremely accurate (or there are even more shootings in that area that even I believe).
> I've also noticed that as of the past 2 weeks or so, an impressive number of murderers have been arrested as a result of witnesses coming forward. Very encouraging. We'll see what happens when "Special Ed" gets a hold of them...

2 comments:

Ray Mikell said...

I don't think that's so much Mid-City as the Lafitte and Tulane-Gravier areas.

TravelingMermaid said...

Good work. No matter where, the violence is unacceptable.

I like the "special Ed" moniker. *Speshul*!