Saturday, August 30, 2008

Is this a joke?

While everyone down here is freaking out over Gustav, there's some national news to report. I know it's shocking, but there's a place where everyone isn't talking about their evacuation plans.

First off, Cheney travels to Georgia on "Diplomatic Mission." Cheney and diplomacy? HA! I love Cryptagon's reaction: "Organ Harvesting?"

Then, there's Obama's Speech:

I'm listening to it for the first time as I write this post.
UPDATE- OOPS. Wrong speech.

The next day, some good journalism ferreted out McCain's VP before she was announced. Someone tracked planes coming and going from Alaska, noticing a particular Gulfstream IV owned by a McCain donor and interviewed the ground crew and got the scoop before anyone else. Good job.

McCain Officially Announces Palin as his Veep. A friend of mine asked me, "is this a joke?" My response was, "Yes, it is a joke." Wow, what a slap in the face to Jindal. Less experienced nobody chosen over the "Golden Boy" of the GOP. "But John, I'm BROWN! If you want, I'll even put on a dress!" More from Greg at Suspect Device.

The worst kept secret in politics right now is McCain really wanted to pick Lieberman, but the Republican apparatchiks, especially Karl Rove, vetoed that idea. I think all the momentum McCain had (which was greatly exaggerated to begin with) is now gone and with Obama, especially after Hillary and Bill's speeches presented a united front with Obama.

Getting back to New Orleans, I'm not freaking out about Gustav (at least not yet). Last night had a wonderful dinner at Lillete. I tried escargot for the first time (I now know I love snails) and the hanger steak was a carnivore's delight. There's only one hanger steak per cow, so it's extremely rare to find and Lillete's was fantastic.

No comments: