Sunday, February 8, 2009

Krewe du Vieux 2009


Uncle Sam meets Fannie Mae
Krewe du Vieux is in the bag. Had a lot of fun. KDV and Krewe D'Etat are my favorites because of the bitingly satirical floats. KDV rolls past very fast, though. I guess mules are more reliable than tractors.

Voodoo Economics.

Sidney Torres gets KDV'd

Run on the Sperm Bank

Shave the Wetlands

Saw a few friends there. Here's Ray handing tons of cool stickers to Candice.

Maitri the loan shark has some cool beads.

Lots and lots of brass bands. Very cool

The crowd was mostly adults and it's a good thing. Imagine a little kid asking, "Daddy, why is there a giant penis walking down the street?"

The late, great Ashley Morris.

Rest of the Set here.

1 comment:

Leigh C. said...

I'm so, so sorry I missed you guys! I was the crazy green-haired, top-hatted broad with the big butt in Seeds of Decline.

And as for those mules, they were a fast-moving bunch. I'd get caught near the one behind us and be told to watch it, as it wasn't easy to stop the creature. When they go, they go.