Friday, February 27, 2009

Project Truck Update: Can you pick the door?


Now that Mardi Gras is over with, I can get back to working on the truck. Had to fill in the patch panel that I welded into place last time. It was a tedious process of laying some bondo, letting it dry, sanding it down, bondo, sand, bondo, sand... Eventually I got it built up enough.

Here are the two "good" doors. Can you guess which one went under salt water in Katrina and which one was fresh?

Also played around with some "filling" primer. Not too impressed. Doesn't do much more than regular primer and looks like it takes a little longer to dry.

Tested out a little painting, too. Got some red and white rustoleum. I'd like to get a topcoat on that will be a good water and oxygen barrier, that way I can park it on the street. I like the red and white two-tone idea for the color.

No comments: