Monday, December 18, 2006

Halpern's & Ralph's

Ok, here's my first restaurant review.

When I do these, I'm going to try to stay off the beaten path. I'm going WAY off the beaten path for this first couple...


***************
Halpern's Cafe (inside the furniture store on Prytania - 1600 Prytania)
***************

This one is pretty hard to find. You have to go up the stairs in the back of Halpern's, but it's a hidden gem.

It's only open for lunch. You can get a great, filling, homecooked meal for under $10. The BBQ chicken and the Soup and Salad combo are my favorites.


***************
Ralph's
***************

Another hard to find one. This one is inside the Prytania building of Nelson Engineering. Great, homecooked meals for $5. That's right, an entree, 1 veggie, a side salad and a soft drink for $5.

Open for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is even better than lunch. Almost every day, I go in there and order a sausage, egg, and cheese on a biscuit for $1.25.

No comments: