Monday, January 12, 2009

Project Truck Update: Floor Work

Since the bench seat is out and we'll be doing some work on the floor of the cab, I wanted to get a good coat of primer and paint on the metal to prevent rust.

Sanded the floor down.

A very rusty and dusty process. Candice and I got our gloves absolutely filthy.

Here is the floor with half a coat of primer. I used the Krylon Rust Tough instead of the Rustoleum Auto Primer this time. I'm starting to like it.

Here it is when the paint is wet. The older, bigger Gambits made excellent masking material.

And here's what the dry paint looks like after the masking is removed. Used flat black because even semi-gloss looks a little too shiny for what a floor should look like.

1 comment:

Floor Sanding Company London said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.